Micaela Frank, CDBC, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP
Behavior Consultant at Rockstar Dog Training
Micaela is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. She is also a Certified Professional Dog Trainer Knowledge Assessed through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, and a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner. Micaela has been working with dogs in shelter settings and private homes since 2010. She has a special knack for supporting families through behavior issues they may be facing with their dogs, including fear, aggression, and reactivity. Micaela works regularly with a wide range of dog breeds, ages, and backgrounds, as well as owners who are both experienced and new to dogs. She has special experience with both blind and deaf dogs.
Micaela is especially skilled at guiding clients through the ups and downs of the behavior modification journey. She got her start in training in the shelter world, and spent several years as Trainer and Behavior Program Coordinator at Greenhill Humane Society’s 1st Avenue Shelter here in Eugene, Oregon. During her time at the shelter, she taught the shelter dogs and the behavior modification volunteers using the same gentle, fun techniques as with private clients, and collaborated with other trainers to improve the lives of the dogs in the shelter’s care. She is very passionate about shelter work, and continues to provide support to the shelter in order to support Lane County’s homeless animals. Her experience with a diverse population of dogs in the shelter has greatly enhanced the services she provides through Rockstar Dog Training, and she is skilled at helping dogs from any background.
Access Micaela’s work published in the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants Journal here: https://iaabcjournal.org/blind-dogs/
Micaela has attended many professional trainings, some of which are listed here:
- Clicker Expo, 2019
- Dr. Christopher Pachel, “The Great Big Dog Workshop,” 2018
- Karen Pryor Dog Training Academy graduate, 2016
- Aimee Sadler, “Playing For Life,” September 2014
- Kelly Bollen, “Understanding Dogs and Their Needs,” October 2013
- Ken Ramirez, “Making the Impossible Possible,” January 2013
- Sue Sternberg Conference, “Learning All About Dog-to-Dog Interactions,” November 2012
- Chirag Patel Conference, “Aggression: From Brain to Bite,” October 2012
- Dr. Sophia Yin Conference, “Raising The Perfect Dog: Identifying and Avoiding Unwanted Behaviors,” March 2012
- Masters in Behavior Conference, January 2011